IPS-CAS (http://www.shanghaipasteur.cas.cn)is seeking world-known scientific leader to fill in the director position of our newly established Institut Pasteur of Shanghai Vaccine Center.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree with over four years of leadership experience in vaccine research at an international level, a track record of publications in highly respected academic journals and industrial and/or business expertise in the development & trial of vaccine candidates, a strong understanding of the vaccine development process, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Specific responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
1) Coordinate research teams in the vaccine field and aim to deliver products for our institute.
2) Develop the Scientific Strategic Plan on Vaccine development.
3) Oversee the vaccine center’s science team to working on DNA or protein or peptide or viral vector or VLP based vaccine platforms, novel adjuvant development, vaccine formulation and delivery, vaccine-related immunology.
4) Collaborate with the institute Director and our industry partners on how to support vaccine research and development.
5) Promote greater coordination among HIV vaccine researchers nationally and internationally.
IPS, CAS is a newly established institution, co-funded by the Institut Pasteur, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and the Municipality of Shanghai. IPSoffers a large panel of core facilities and excellent working conditions in a highly collaborative environment within the Chinese Academy of Sciences network and the worldwide network of Pasteur Institutes.Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experiences and qualifications.
To apply, applicants should e-mail a cover letter, curriculum vitae and a brief statement of current and future research goals and the names and addresses of three references to Ms. Caroline Wuatnwu@sibs.ac.cn before December 31, 2010